ISB stands by to serve our community in times of grief. We offer our sincere condolences to you and your family, and we aim to make the janazah process as smooth as possible for you in your time of need
Through our partnership with King Memorial Park, we have a exclusive Muslim burial section. We offer complete supervision of the entire burial process listed below:
- Coordination with hospital and/or family
- Transportation of deceased to the funeral home / washing location
- Washing of the body according to Islamic rituals and traditions
- Janazah prayers at Masjid Al-Rahmah
- Leading funeral procession to King Memorial
- Supervision of burial services at King Memorial
Next steps and what to expect:
- Complete the online funeral request form.
- After the form and payment is successfully completed, the family will be contacted by a member of the funeral committee and/or the funeral home.
- The funeral home director will then coordinate when and where to pick up the body and take it to the funeral home for Ghusl (washing). ISB can assist with the washing process if the family is unfamiliar or unavailable.
- It is important to note that when you receive a call from the funeral home, you must make arrangements to pay the funeral home for use of their facility as well as the cemetery for their services directly. Please note the death certificate must be in place before any funeral home can pick up the body from the hospital. It is the responsibility of the family to ensure that doctor has signed the certificate. Funeral home can help in expediting the process but it is not their responsibility to do it.
- Once the Ghusl (washing) of the body is completed at the funeral home, the body will then be transported to ISB for the Janazah.
- Janazah services are normally held after Dhuhr or Asr prayer. If the washing is completed too late in the day, the Janazah will be scheduled for the following day.
- After the Janazah, the body will then be transported by the funeral home director to King Memorial Park cemetery for burial.
General Funeral Costs
Funeral charges paid to ISB only include the cost of the grave plot and/or funeral processing. All funeral home (washing) and cemetery burial charges are performed and paid directly by the family to the funeral home of choice and King Memorial Park. ISB does not collect those fees and does not assume responsibility for the services provided. All charges listed are approximate and may be subject to change:
|ISB Costs||Funeral Home Costs (Approx)||Cemetery Costs (Approx)|
|Adult Funeral: $1500
Infant Funeral: $750
Funeral Processing Only (no grave): $350
|Adult: $1500 – $3500
|Regular Burial: $1250
M-F after 3pm: $150-$400 (additional)
Saturday charge: $150-$500 (additional)
Sunday & Holidays: $500 (additional)
Note: Infant height must be less than 24 inches to select a Infant grave size.
Funeral processing includes any/all of the following: assistance with the Ghusul process, the Janazah service at ISB, religious scholar to accompany and assist with burial services at King Memorial Cemetery, and all administrative processing required.
You may also download a copy of the funeral request form and bring it to the ISB Office.
ISB offers the flexibility of pre-purchasing and reserving your grave in advance. This service allows you and your loved ones the peace of mind and gives you the option to be located near each other if you wish. You may also take advantage of today’s rates by purchasing your graves in advance. To reserve a grave site through ISB, please complete the online grave reservation request form.
Funeral Home Information
Although there are many funeral homes to choose from, here are a few that are accustomed to Muslim traditions and that we normally work with. Rates and services may vary, so please contact the funeral homes directly with any questions.
For more information, please contact ISB Funeral Services at 410.747.4869, ext 9 or [email protected].
Did you know on average ISB supports all burial costs for one funeral each week? Want to make a donation to the ISB Funeral Fund? Click here!
Not a Muslim? Learn about the Islamic funeral process by clicking here.